Dear brothers,
 

What a joy to see our churches in Brazil increasingly participating in missionary work here in India. You are already helping support 10 church planters and at least 10 orphans. And we're just getting started!

These missionaries are:




In Siliguri, we are helping 
Pr. Amya to step forward to organize his congregations.


At the same time we are still helping Pastor Athem. 

Regional coordinator of Vision2020Asia and also the founder and director of  
Himalayan Baptist Seminary.


___________________________________________________

Pray also for the ministry with orphans
Orfanato em = Orphanage at




_________________________________________


Learn a little of the life of one of
the missionaries that we work with:
 
Pastor KAILINANG 
Serving in Darjeeling, West Bengal, India:


"I thank our Almighty God  for giving me the wonderful privilege of sharing my testimony. Well, our village is known as Aling. It is located in the district of Tamenlong, Manipur, India. It is about 65 or 70 km away from capital Imphal.

Please pray for my people. I have a great concern for my people to bring them to another level of development. Our village has 85 houses and no service offered by the government, not even the care of police or army. At the same time, there are many terrorists in the region, so the number of widows and orphans is growing fast. Please, I  kindly ask you to keep your precious prayers in behalf of my people, especially our church, the Baptist Church of Aling.


Our people are very grateful from their  heart for teaching brought by Pr. Jefferson and his wife, as well as the invaluable sacrifice and time to get here. 


I wish, therefore, to share with you a blessing that I received a few years ago in my life. When I was in the Bible college I was seriously ill for two months and a half. My father could not pay for my studies, so I used to work as part time job in a restaurant during the holidays as well as during college section. I worked part time as work scholarship.

Well, in 2005, during vacation, while I was working with my nephew, I started getting very sick. I took medicine but it didn't healed me. When I was completing two months I was about to die. I could not move, I was just lying in bed. So I sent a message to my father telling him that I wanted to go home. I was going to die anyway and could not get up.

After sending the message, a week later, my father called me and told me: "My son, I love you, but I gave you to God, even if you die, die there. I do not care if I can not  see your dead body. You and I will meet in heaven, for sure. Just come home after finishing your course. Do not come without completing your study. I have no money to send to you too. If you die, die there. God will take care of you. I gave my word to God I delivered you to serve him. So if he wants to take you, let him take you. Do not think I do not love you, I love you my son". And he hung up the phone.

I cried a lot at that time. When the next morning arrived, I opened my Bible and began to read Philippians 4: 6-7: "Be anxious for nothing ...", my body recovered mood after reading this passage. So I opened the Bible again and continued reading. "... but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;  and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus".  And then I read I Peter 5:7: "... casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you".

After reading these two texts I started getting healed. I got out of bed and started walking around. When my nephew saw me he was surprised and even thought I was getting crazy. But I asked him for food, rice and fruits. As I ordered he brought to me. That same day I returned to the college and lay on my bed. Soon, my colleagues who were returning from vacation were surprised to see my health condition. All of them contributed with some money totaling Rs 6,000.00 (Rupees), with which I used to pay for the college as well as medicines.


I led my father to Christ in June 1998. That day he accepted Jesus Christ as his personal Savior. Now, through the faith of my father he saved me from death in June 2005.


Thank you for the privilege of sharing my testimony and what God did in my life. May the Lord bless you. "


 .........................................................................
PRAYER REQUESTS

  1. We're almost finishing to confect the 4 books of the 2nd year to the Sunday  Bible School. These books will be distributed to all the church planters we are working with. And also, whe it is possible, we give an Intensive Training for Sunday School Teachers. Praise the Lord, we received a good offering from a Brazilian sister for this material. 
  2. For the next four months, we are scheduling several conferences in churches, colleges and orphanages in the states of Assam, Manipur and Nagaland. The main goal is to help pastors and members of these churches to lift up their eyes to the fields and help their own missionaries. We need your prayers for these trips, due to the constant social, ethnic, political and religious conflicts in these regions.
  3. The Church which we are helping to plant in Siliguri is campaigning for the purchase of land in the coming months. Pray that the members themselves will be motivated to contribute. Brazil (or other countries) offerings are also very welcome.
................................................................................

Once again brothers, thank you for your prayers and support, we thank God for our health and provision of God in everything, and also about our children in Brazil. Keep in constant prayer, because only the Lord can keep us and sustain in this world in which we live. Also we are always praying for you.

In Jesus' love,


Pr. Jeff & Epi

No comments: